First things first, Happy New Year to you all. We hope that the celebrations went well and that the brussel sprouts have been firmly put away until next Christmas.
Today is the first day back for a lot of businesses; here is a small checklist to make sure that your computers are tip top for the year ahead, especially if they have been turned off over the festive break:
- Check that your anti-virus has picked up the latest updates, wouldn’t hurt to do a scan either.
- Checked that your backups worked over the break, if they didn’t then grab one now. You do have backups, don’t you?
- Make sure your email inbox hasn’t filled up, it might be stopping new email from getting through. If you have loads of spam in your inbox then give us a call!
- Review your goals for 2012 and make sure that your computer is going to help you achieve them; January 27th is our business briefing on technology planning if you’d like to know how to do this.
- Organise/tidy-up your documents, favourites and icons on your desktop – cleanliness is next to godliness.
- You’re going to hear the word “security” used a lot this year. If your computer has a password, is the New Year time for a New Password?
- Book your business a technology business review, let an outside pair of eyes make sure everything is just great.
If you need a hand running through the list, give us a call on 0845 004 3025.